Delivered to your service/home at a time that is convenient to you. The Session lasts about 2 hours with time to ask questions. We reflect on case histories from your serivce as this enables staff to understand how it really works. Certificates will be provided.
£200 for executive members (those that paid BCA's executive member fee)
£240 for members (those that have not paid BCA's executive member fee)
£60 for blood glucose monitoring competency assessment for up tp 6 people (competency certificate provided)
• Anatomy and physiology – what’s going wrong in the body
• Who gets it and symptoms
• Treatments; tablets and insulin
• Blood-glucose values
• Tests: finger prick for blood-glucose monitoring & urinalysis
• Hyperglycaemia & Hypoglycaemia – risks, what should you do
• Care management & documentation
• Case studies you have experienced
In addition to the workshop we can also run a blood glucose testing competency assessment. This ensures staff are competent to perform a finger prick, use a blood glucose monitor and understand blood sugar values. Email the trainer to book an assessment.
16/06/2017 05:59 am 15/12/2018 07:59 am
Berkshire Care Association
Participate on Twitter
Find out what people see and say about this event,
and join the conversation.